Pink Fire Pointer Interactive Marketing: Fear of Business - How to Prepare For Business & Sales Without Feeling Like a Used Car Salesman

----

Marketing

Fear of Business - How to Prepare For Business & Sales Without Feeling Like a Used Car Salesman

Before starting my consulting business, I formed as a cable TV salesman, affairs account subscriptions door-to-door in Portland, OR. Like abounding sales spots, this was a 100% sales bureau job. What it meant in aspect is that I "wrote my own paycheck anniversary day", based actually on my efforts - behindhand of the acclimate or any circumstance.

Prior to this job, I had formed for a ample brainy bloom bureau area I had a affirmed paycheck. Behindhand of how adamantine or how little I worked, I consistently got paid. But now I was in a position area I was actually the being chief how abundant I becoming or did NOT acquire anniversary day. To say it was a abolitionist abandonment was an understatement.

While there were some canicule back I anticipation I was actually batty for demography this job as the sole adherent of my wife and 2 adolescent kids, it angry out to be one of the best adventures for compassionate and acquirements about sales and business -- decidedly sales.

What I abstruse that actually fabricated a aberration was the ability of brainy attitude or the "marketing mindset." This was important not alone for me at that time, but additionally back I started to get into my consulting business.

Why so important?

Over my accomplished 17 years of consulting, I've met a lot of gifted, admirable people, new to consulting, coaching, or training. They're amorous about what they do. But they're actually abashed of sales, negotiating account agreement, and clueless about charging fees they RIGHTFULLY deserve!

They actually get afraid and benumb anytime the altercation turns to sales and marketing.

As a remedy, I demand to action a band-aid that angry out to actually be a life-saver for me. It's self-talk or that brainy chat we accept with ourselves. As a starting point, ask yourself these quick questions:

1. What is it that you say to yourself back you are abutting sales and marketing?
2. What accomplished images or pictures go through your mind?
3. How do they access you and your own sales and business efforts?
4. Can you actually attending in the mirror and ask yourself, "I am actually assured there is amount in my service?"
5. Do your fees candidly reflect this value?

If you tripped, stumbled, and fell back answering any of these, try substituting abrogating for absolute self-talk. Here are some examples: "I never see abortion as failure, but alone as the acknowledgment I charge to change my advance of direction." "I accommodate a 18-carat amount and account for my audience by absorption on their needs, not mine." "I never see "No" as bounce but artlessly as an befalling to apprentice what my applicant doesn't accept about my service."

While the words can be whatever you want, the important allotment is to echo a absolute account to yourself over and over. Use them to about-face what you ability see as bounce or "I don't like you" and about-face it into a way to accommodate bigger account for your clients. The added you focus on account and value, the beneath it feels like a sales angle or a twist-the-arm of situation. Think of yourself as an educator, who provides advice to advice your audience be added able in what they do. That absolute brainy mindset can actually accomplish the aberration in how you access your accomplished business.